Monday 2 August 2010

Knitted Harmony (Post 5)

Its been a week, or something like that, since I last posted to my blog.  I don't know about you, but that seems TOO long!  So, I've now finished my knitted bracelet and said I'd give you an insight to the spiritual properties around this unusual stone.  Is it unusual?  Well, it is to me.  I tend to use materials that I am attracted to, be it colour, size or type.  To me, this seems a natural thing to do - how could you work with materials you didn't like and create something of beauty?

Knitted Harmony
 Unakite was first found in Unakas Mountains, North Carolina, USA.  Although it is now also found in South Africa, China and Brazil.  It is an altered form of granite, being a mixture of pink feldspar, green epidote and quartz. 

It is associated with the heart of our body, related best with calmness and positivity.

I chose it because it is a very pretty stone.

It is known as a balancing stone which helps to unify the emotional, spiritual and mental aspects of ourselves.  Considered to be excellent at removing obstacles to your personal growth by providing gentle release of blockages.  It also has a subtle action of sending out peaceful vibes to those nearby.

 I knitted this bracelet with fine pure copper wire, as I thought it went so well with the pinky/green gemstones.  Little did I realise, until researching it later, that the spiritual properties of copper totally matched the properties of the unakite - gosh, I'm a natural!

Copper is known to improve blood circulation and is an excellent energy conductor; it overcomes lethargy and revitalises and sends and amplifies thoughts.

It is said to be a 'bestower of good', bringing benefit to its wearer; allowing one to recognise the barriers which are in the path of one's development.  A perfect balance with unakite!


The clasp I designed to almost 'grip the wrist in a hug-like fashion'.  I thought the chunky solid look of the clasp just worked well and the round beads also gave it some solidity.

I lost count of the gemstones, but think it was something like 150 nuggets and over 100 little glass beads which I worked to a pattern of my own making.  Got a feeling, I'm going to love knitted wirework!


OK, for those of you who read my blogs - last time I asked why I had a pasta machine hidden in my wardrobe.  I think most of you, especially jewellery designers, would have known that this is because I want to design jewellery using polymer clay.  I'm building up to it ... quietly.

If you are enjoying my blogs, leave comments and I'm likely to post more often!

In the meantime, keep watching - and I'll keep blogging!

Charters

6 comments:

  1. This bracelet has come out really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one Charters!We must be on the same wave length as I bought copper wire at the weekend lol:-) Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this braclet Charters, is it for sale?
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a lot of work - very pretty :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sherryn, Bedecked Beads and Lucie - this has been a popular bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. J, sorry this bracelet isn't available.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Charters