Tuesday 8 November 2011

A Potted Update (Post 49)

I recently took 'early retirement' which I know is everyone's dream!  The reality is that it has taken a little while to settle. Suddenly, I have 'time' ... which brings with it ...  the 'I can do that later' mentality.  It has had the opposite affect.    You could say - 'I've been busy doing nothing'  Not quite true, but certainly true on the 'jewellery front'. 

The good news is, I love the 'freedom' I now have, and I've given a lot of thought to a lot of things over the last few months and the truth is - I've taken time out (the 'me-time' phrase comes to mind - how I hate that word!!) to adjust to 'not working'.


I now feel I've got past the 'guilt' of not working and ready to walk into the next stage ... I'm not sure what path that will take?


There are so many things I want to do that I think you'll see a few subtle changes.  Firstly, more regular posts and introductions of other handmade crafts.  Did any of you notice my blog name change - now, Charters Creations - in readiness.    




Its always been my intention to have 'variety' in my craft, although to be honest jewellery making will always be at the top of my list.  I'm drawn to working with beads: polymer work, precious metal clay, bead weaving, bead knitting, bead sculpture, resin, altered art, felting, handbag making, card craft ??  I think  Caroline (Carolee Crafts) post this week for Handmade Monday echoes my thoughts to a 'T'.   She talks about 'New Beginnings' and says: "... I feel that as handmakers we have to evolve, move with the times try something different or revisit something old ... "To work for yourself you have to love what you do and most of all follow your dream".  


Caroline you are so right!  


So for the time being, I intend to get back to my jewellery and take it from there - I'm not ready to commit to online shops or the like ... yet?  Who knows for the future.  


I guess that's all I wanted to say really and here's to exciting New Beginnings!


"Keep Watching, and I'll Keep Blogging"
Charters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, I appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Charters