Saturday 31 December 2011

Tumbling into the New Year: 2012 with New Beginnings (Post 56)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ... xx
I'm not a great one for New Year's Eve ... yet, strangely, I love the 'actual' New Year.  I feel revitalised, just love the thought of what the future may hold and feel positive to have that fresh start.


As some of you may know, this year I took unexpected early retirement which took me a while to settle in to. I'm so used to a 9-5 routine that to suddenly have time to do .... 'what' ... was really quite daunting.  I spent the first few months doing 'nothing' and wondering where the days were disappearing to.  Then I gave myself a bit of a talking to and began to enjoy this new found freedom.  


Started a Keep Fit regime, lost 18 lbs and took time out to assess things.  I think I OD'd on surfing the net though!  As much as I love it, it does eat into valuable beading time. Interestingly though, I'm not alone as this is a feeling that many of you express.  


Like diets, 'everything in moderation'.  I haven't set any New Year Resolutions, as such but will be focusing back on my Jewellery and other crafts.  To put myself back on track I have joined up to 'Make a pair of Earrings a Week' at Tackle That Bead Stash. A first for me ... it should also mean more regular Postings to my blog.


Work In Progress (WIP)
Still working on those socks ... I dropped a stitch, unknowingly and now I'm in the midst of backtracking to restore to its previous glory.  Mmm, and my sister said it was easy!  Never one to give up mind, so I WILL finish them.  Enjoying making them, just beading beckons more at the minute!


Making good progress on Lone Beader's Terrier Brooch - I'll save that for next time though!  Diana is following my progress and is happy for me to blog about 'Little Rudy'.


So much that I want to say, but hey ... next time!  I'll close by wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Successful New Year.


'Keep Watching and I'll Keep Blogging'


Charters x

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year June. I know I owe you and email. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I look forward to following your crafting adventures in 2012.

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to the Earring a week challenge too! I hate dropping stitches, I haven't knit socks for a while, I may start some after I have finished my latest scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Sherryn, Mick and Sarah, I think its going to be a really good one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Charters