Friday 1 April 2011

Work in Progress (Post 37)

Almost Reached 1st Target 

Since joining Handmade Monday I seem to have a lot more visitors, and also finding it interesting seeing the variety of artists and their amazing work.

This week I also have 2 new lovely followers:
  1. Rachel, a talented lady, who has a wide range of crafting skills - take a look at her blog and see for yourself; I'll guarantee you will see some beautiful work.
  1. Jan, a lovely artist, whose favourite pastime is painting, although if you visit her blog you will see a much wider range of eye-catching candy!
So, now my virtual friends are almost at that magical number of 50.  An amount I must admit I thought I could never attract.  And, a bit like Christmas, it seemed so far away that I made a rash promise of a 'giveaway' should I ever reach the dizzy heights of 50 Followers.

I've got a feeling another Handmade Monday may well encourage a few more visits and amongst those passing by its quite possible that I will achieve my 1st target.  (Who would have thought it).  I'm now already trying to figure out how on earth to do a 'giveaway' and WHAT will it be?  Mmm .... pause for thought.

In the meanwhile, this week I've been teaching myself a new beadweaving technique and I have to admit, I've had a wide range of emotions.  From WONDER, that it actually looks like anything, to - wanting to THROW IT OUT OF THE WINDOW and deny I ever tried!!!

But for those who do know me, also know that I'm not the type to give up at the first hurdle.  So ... I will persevere, and the beads you see will actually resemble some form of jewellery by Monday!  Because, I intend taking part in Hand Made Monday again this week.

Over the weekend, I also plan on doing some poly clay work ... depending on what time I can sneek ... I know my other half has 'other plans', so time as such may not be my own.

So, if your passing through, please stop and ponder, become one of my lovely followers and who knows, next week I could be saying 'Its a giveaway'!!!

'Keep Watching, and I'll Keep Blogging'

Charters



5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words.... it's always nice to get comments and to get commented on :o)
    I haven't done a HHM yet but I really need to. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your name. You have me intrigued with your beading project. Have now become your 48th follower through Handmade Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picto ... be brave, take that first step and check out Handmade Monday - you'll love being part of it.

    Mrs A
    Thankyou for joining me and welcome to my world of blogging. I'm also intrigued with my beading project? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charters, well its no surprise to me that you have almost reached the magic '50' followers, your work is so gorgeous and we fellow crafters love to see gorgeous inspiring pieces .... I reckon you will have more than 100 in double quick time.
    Hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, thanks June - nice of you to say so. Its not so much the number of Followers, but the interaction from like-minded crafters that I'm really enjoying.

    Thanks x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Charters