Monday 30 January 2012

Who Ran Away With January? (Post 61)

You will already know by now that I'm not a 'prolific' blogger!  Yet, I have so much I'd like to blog about. I started this year by saying I'm not making resolutions yet I find myself promising myself just the opposite.  Some people say its best to be upfront and announce them to the world - in the misguided conception that this will 'force' you to act on them.  Not quite my style ... I prefer to drip feed my achievements. 


Week 3 - Earring Beadalong
Week 3 Beadalong
A ' Debbie van Tonder' Design


I made these beautiful pair of earrings using Tila beads, (which are quite a new type of 2-holed square bead with a vast range of colours).  I also used Size 11/0 black seed beads and Size 8/0 gun metal seeds.


Haven't they worked up quite frilly ....


The design is by Debbie van Tonder, a jewellery designer from South Africa.  Her designs are very 'moreish' - the more you have, the more you want!


Week 3 Beadalong
A 'Debbie van Tonder' Design
I've also entered these into OTTBS January Challenge - amid an outstanding collection of work.  Its the taking part that's important, but who wouldn't want to win!
For those of you who have 'twigged on' to the fact that it is Week 5 ... there's no fooling you! Your right - I am a little late.  




Week 4 bead along has not yet been invented - Week 5 isn't due before the end of the week, which gives me a little leeway. Coming soon ...


Welcome
I'd like to say a big welcome to Eva Maria Kaiser, who has recently joined us, Eva is an artist renowned for her structural 'wonders'!  I am so lucky to have so many artistic friends who take time to pop over when they have a minute.  Once again, my thanks to you all.


Handmade Monday
Have you been to visit Wendy and online friends who showcase their work at Handmade Monday No. 51.  There you will find a variety of crafts to admire; such as jewellery from Alison, of Blue Forest Jewellery, cute knitted gifts from Quirky Villages and so much more.  


Work In Progress
I have two pairs of earrings to do this week, one which may well be a micro macrame design.  I used to make Macrame Wall Plaits inlaid with silk flowers ... ahem, back in the 80's that is!  Very popular at the time when I was living in Germany.  There are really only a few knot techniques to master; it will be interesting to do as I used to work with jute rope that mariners use.  Micro macrame, although the same principle is going to be soooo different!


Keep Watching, and I'll Keep Blogging ... probably later in the week!


Week 3 Beadalong
A 'Debbie van Tonder' Design
Charters

13 comments:

  1. Love those beaded earrings - very different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... those are an amazing pair of earrings. It looks complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and such intricate work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, they are lovely - very usual. A great post, and looking forward to your next one. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is just so clever! I love the weaving that you have created. Brilliant job, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The earrings are gorgeous! Mich :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for popping across. Jill, I think you meant 'unusual' LOL. (I hope).

    You'll be guaranteed to see a lot more earrings over the coming months, with it being a 52 pair challenge! Its one way of keeping me focused and hopefully learn a lot more techniques - so bargain all round I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They do look 'frilly'
    hope you are keeping warm, happy & well
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I can tick all these boxes, thanks for visiting x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The earrings are delicious! And the micro macrame sounds interesting, I remember macrame because...well, I'm old enough to remember it, I'll leave it there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Susie, As for macrame - you and me together ... its good to see its popular again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely earrings, the challenge looks interesting and you've covered everything, the square beads are unusual and look great.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Jan, I'm enjoying the challenges and already got in mind what I'll be doing for the Feb one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Charters